One could never imagine life in the army without the hospital. As protectors of the nation, soldiers go to war and wound themselves in the process. The hospital, therefore, becomes the sanctuary and cradle for indisposed soldiers. It is for this very reason that Camp Capinpin Army Station Hospital was established.
The unit's symbol is composed of eight "makabuhay" heart-shaped leaves which represents the tender loving care of the medical personnel, a snake which symbolizes renewal (the ability of the snake to shed skin and give new life and vigor), and the bamboo tree which represents the flexibility of the medical profession.
Conception - Activation
Camp Capinpin Station Hospital was conceived from the former 27th station hospital situated at Camp Hernandez, Dingle, Iloilo. It was organized on April, 1945 a a-750 bed capacity hospital to support the Filipino-American Armed Forces in the Visayas-Mindanao Campaign against the Japanese Imperial Army during World War II.
On June 1946, the hospital was transferred to Camp Delgado, Iloilo and was designated as the 3rd station hospital of the 6th Military District with a reduced manpower and a bed capacity of 25. In November 1948, barely three years after, it was transferred to Fernando Air Base, Lipa City under the administrative and operational control of the Philippine Air Force.
Services and Activities
On March 5, 1953, the need for more medical services was then anticipated by military planners during the HUK campaign. Hence, the hospital was moved to an ideal location in Camp Eldridge, Los Banos, Laguna. In the 34 years that the hospital stood in this area, the following changes took place:
On August 1963, ASCHEL became organic to the second military area, pursuant to section II, general orders number 38, HPA dated Aug. 10, 1963.
ASCHEL was reverted back to HPA on February 1, 1970 pursuant to section II, general orders number 237, GHQ, AFP, dated February 7, 1970 and was attached to the 2nd Infantry Brigade (Separate), Philippine Army.
Pursuant to general orders number 304 dated Apri 29,l 1976, ASCHEL was assigned to the Medical Group, ASCOM, Philippine Army with a 100-bed capacity and further attached to the administrative control of the 2nd Infantry Division, Philippine Army.
On June 1986, pursuant to sections 1 and II of general orders number 128, headquarters, Philippine Army dated, May 30, 1986, ASCHEL was finally transferred to Camp Mateo Capinpin, Tanay, Rizal and was further re-designated as Camp Capinpin, Army Station Hospital.
On Jan. 15 1998, the AFP Training Command, including Camp Capinpin Station Hospital, was de-activated, pursuant to general orders number 35 GHQ, AFP dated January 14, 1998. The hospital was subsequently activated under the 2nd infantry (Jungle Fighter) division, Philippine Army effective January 16, 1998, pursuant to General Orders #169, HPA dated Feb. 6, 1998.
Presently, the hospital is under the stewardship of
MAJ. COMMIE C. PAGUNURAN as second commanding officer effective September
16, 1999 pursuant to General Order #443, H2ID, PA dated Sept. 22, 1999.
|© 2011 2id-webmastersteam
Contact Us at: Tel# 845-9555 or local # 6516/6517