Get Adobe Flash player

Related Sites

TRADOC HOME

Comabat Support School

The Philippine Army School Center (PASC) was created in 1951. The school remained subordinate to the AFP Training Command (AFPTC). Three schools originally composed the PASC namely: the Ground Combat School, the Ordnance School and the Quartermaster School.  The Engineer School was added to PASC's administration and control on June 1, 1952. In the succeeding years, other training schools were activated until the incorporation of the Signal School in 1956. However, pursuant to presidential directives, President Ramon Magsaysay ordered the maximum employment of troops in the second military area for anti-dissident operations. With this development, PASC operations were closed except for the Signal School and Army Extension School.
On July 1, 1957 the Headquarters Philippine Army was activated and separated on the same date from GHQ, AFP. Consequently, the AFPTC was deactivated and its mission and functions were transferred to PA.
On February 18, 1958 the PASC was renamed Philippine Army School Command (PASC).  The organization was further streamlined in 1959 for the purpose of integrating common subjects and controlling, supervising and training all Army-related courses. All schools were renamed and PASC was organized as follows: 1) School for Combined Arms - catering to the Intelligence and Infantry Schools;2) School for Technical Services - catering to  the Engineer, Ordnance, Signal and Quartermaster and 3) Schools for Administration,  Adjutant General and Finance. 
On December 1, 1973 the Army-Wide Service Support School was established with the mission of bringing formal military schooling to all major PA installations. The Communication-Electronics Institute was organized.  In 1984, the school was designated as COMMEL School (CES).
The February 1986 revolution ushered a major change in the AFP.  The Philippine Army   Training   Command (PATC) was renamed Training Command, Philippine Army (TCPA) on June 11, 1988. The ensuing policy changes paved the way for the creation of the Communications and Electronics School (CES) and The Engineer School (TES) as TCPA sub-units, among others.
On January 1, 1989 The TES and the COMMEL School became parts of the Service Extension School when the TCPA was directed to move from Fort Magsaysay to its former location at Fort Bonifacio, Metro Manila.  The TES was assigned to the 51st Engineer Brigade and the CES to Signal Group, PA.
On August 1, 1990 The Engineer School and the COMMEL School were reassigned back to TCPA pursuant to GO No. 398, HPA dated July 20, 1990.
Again, the TCPA was designated as Training and Doctrine Command, Philippine Army.  Subsequently, on May 16, 1995 the Combat Support School (CSS) was created pursuant to GO No. 130, TRADOC, PA.
Camp Tinio, Cabanatuan City has been the long-established home for CSS. It is expected to remain as it is until the school's eventual transfer to its projected permanent site at Camp O' Donnell, Capas, Tarlac as envisioned in the Bases Conversion Development Authority (BCDA) program. Earlier, on December 28, 2006 the CSS officially transferred to Camp O'Donnell.  Three weeks after the final movement of HTRADOC, all school buildings and training facilities at Camp Tinio, except for CSS equipment, were kept intact to cater to the training requirements of different courses that will be conducted by the mobile training teams of TRADOC major schools.
However, in the 1st quarter of 2007, CSS returned to Camp Tinio to continue discharging its mission to conduct signal and engineer courses. CSS will remain as an exceptional training venue for Philippine Army personnel and finally settle at Camp O'Donnell upon completion of its training facilities there.



Phil Standard Time