- To train personnel and develop doctrines in order to professionalize soldiers and provide sound doctrines for the Army
- Conduct pre-entry, career and specialization courses.
- Conduct the military phase of officer technical service courses.
- Develop, test, evaluate and validate doctrines.
- Publish manuals and pamphlets for doctrinal/historical information and instructional purposes.
- Evaluate units efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conduct research and special studies.
- Supervise/monitor any jouint and combined exercises with other services and allied nations.
- Supervise the conduct of training of all TRADOC organic units and extension schools.